Bacula-Web 5.1.0 release
Release date: July 25th 2011
Status: alpha (unstable)
What's new in this version
After I've spent the last 6 month to provide a more efficient and bug fewer tools, here's what you can expect from this version.
The main dashboard has been totaly reviewed, to know what have been changed, have a look on the documentation
Improved database's support
The source code has been Improved databases support for postgreSQL, SQLite and MySQL.
This new version should prevent errors and unexpected errors.
Bacula-Web is more stable regarding multi-catalog configuration, you're able to see catalog's informations by selecting which catlog you want to use (top right list of the dashboard)
PHP version 4 support
For security and performance reasons, PHP4 support has been totally removed from this version.
You should use PHP version 5.0.0 at least.
More W3C compliant
Test page improvments
The test page allow you to check more items such as
- PHP version
- Template cache folder permission
- PHP support for MySQL, postgreSQL and SQlite
- PHP PDO support
- etc ...
If you want to know what have been changed in the test page, go to the documentation
Client backup report page
A new report page that display usefull informations about clients backup is available now.
Pools and volumes report page
A new page that show you pools and volumes informations
A lot of efforts have been made to protect sensitive informations visible with Bacula-Web.
- The security of the config file has been improved by changing his content (PHP script now)
- A security vulnerability has been fixed (thanks to Leonardo Rota Botelho)
- 0000023 [design] Problem with graph in the General report with more than 12 Backup jobs
- 0000034 [bug-php] Useless PEAR:DB include in global.inc.php file
- 0000030 [bug-html] Error.gif instead of Images
- 0000029 [bug-pgsql] Unable to get volume number from catalog
- 0000031 [bug-php] Big Red X in right side when Full mode is enabled
- 0000004 [bug] Make w3c standard html code
- 0000027 [bug-php] PHP Errors
- 0000026 [bug-pgsql] PostgreSQL error
- 0000025 [bug] Images not appearing correctly in latest version
- 0000024 [design] Improve design of Bacula-Web when there's a lot of volumes
- 0000019 [bug] Unreadable dates in graph
- 0000012 [bug] Wrong spelling in popup
- 0000011 [bug] Wrong size of database with postgreSQL
- 0000022 [bug-php] List of jobs are no more display as expected